There are no photos of today, because I slept in and haven't showered (and may not today. TMI? Sorry, but this is the ONE day I have to stay home and get things done!) and probably will not be wearing anything cute. Moving on...
Friday is my day off work because I work 10 hour days Monday - Thursday. My daughter knows Fridays as Mommy Day since we always have the day together. I love my Mommy Days!
I was originally going to wear this dress just by itself, but then it seemed like WAY too much pattern so I threw the cardigan on top even though it was almost 100 degrees outside. Pops of yellow in the belt and shoes are always fun with the blue and green pattern. Usually I wear something underneath too when this dress goes to work but since it was the weekend, I left that off.
I spent the morning with my daughter, having pillow and tickle fights, and then I had a nail and hair appointment at 11AM. When I came home, we had lunch together before her nap. After her nap, we played, had dinner, then took a trip to Target so that she could pick out anything she wanted with the gift cards/money she was given for her birthday. She picked out the new Alice In Wonderland DVD with Johnny Depp (that's definitely my daughter!), a bath toy, a Toy Story car racing toy, a Rapunzel doll and some new black sandals that matched my yellow ones I was wearing.
On Saturday, we went to my cousin's daughter's dance recital in the morning and then to lunch with the whole family. After lunch was nap time, then I brought her to her dad's house so that he could spend Father's Day with her. He opened his Father's Day gift then instead of waiting so I could see him open it. I found Star Wars lightsaber chopsticks! One adult and one kid-sized pair. He was so excited and so was our daughter. Yay for good gifts! :)
I went back home, picked up my mom and headed to Wal-Mart and Bath & Body Works, then we went back for my dad and he took us to dinner.
That was my weekend! Now for a few other things to mention...
Daphne from Fashion Confessions of a Mommy tagged me in a What's In Your Bag post. My bag isn't all that exciting, but here's a photo (I have one of those purse organizer thingies because I'm a neat freak - there, I said it):
And here's what's in there (basically): hairbrush, medicine case with ibuprofen, dramamine and chewable pepto, gum, pens, business cards, sanitizer, lotion, make-up, thigh-highs in case my boss freaks about us not wearing hose, and two extra pairs of panties in case my girl has an accident. I usually have my wallet, keys and phone in there too but didn't take a picture of them. I'm entirely unexciting, I know. Heh.
One other thing is that I was awarded the Lovely Blog Award by B. Inspired at Bravoe Runway. I know this has gone around several times (and I also really don't like leaving anyone out) so I'm not going to tag anyone else, but I'll quickly share seven things about myself.
1. I like to sing. A lot. I'm no star or anything but I do get paid to sing with an entertainment company during Christmastime. In fact, my ex-husband and I met at a restaurant where we both worked, where the waitstaff put on shows each night. I was a hostess, he was a chef. FUN times! :)
2. I have weird fears of elevators and water. I'm claustrophobic so I HATE elevators for fear that I'll get stuck in one, and I don't like natural bodies of water. I'm okay with pools, but lakes, oceans and other natural things freak me right out. And I also hate flying. The last time I flew was on a missions trip to Thailand back in 2005. Nothing happened on any of those flights, except that I had a panic attack for no good reason. Even though the flights were "okay", I'm still PETRIFIED of flying.
3. My favorite color is green.
4. If our daughter had been a boy, we would have named him Giovanni Michael. However, I'm SO GLAD we had a girl and that we had EXACTLY the girl we have. I adore her!
5. My two favorite jobs were working as a barista at Barnie's and as the administrative assistant in the music department at a huge local church.
6. I'm a little bit terrified of the day when I'll pay off my bills and be able to move out of my parents' house into my own place with my daughter. I've never been on my own and it scares me. Plus I'll have to learn to cook. Meh.
7. I could probably live on coffee, chocolate, and pizza. Not for long, cuz I'm sure eating that badly would kill me young, but I do love those things. :)
And that's it for my weekend post! I have the next 7 hours all to myself to get several loads of laundry done, more blog posts written, guest posts completed, organize my room a bit and who knows what else. Hopefully I can even get all of that done!
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and Sunday!!!