Happy Saturday, everyone!
There have been some happy things in the world of the internetz this past week and I haven't had a chance to post about them. I figured I would start a Saturday Stuff feature that I might do every so often just to talk about things like this, things that I don't get a chance to bring up during the week (or more likely, I forget!).
So for this first edition, I wanted to let you all know about a website called Pocket Change. They have a style and fashion blog where they featured me as one of their Best of the Web blogs! They run this feature on Fridays and I'm excited to be mentioned!
I also have some thank yous to extend to several bloggers who honored me with the Best Blog Award on Monday!
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who gave you this award. Okay. :)
2. Share 7 random things about yourself. I feel like I've done this a lot lately so you may read some random things you already know about me.
- I'm a cat person, I LOVE cats, I've grown up with cats, and I've never NOT had a cat until this year when mine passed away on New Year's Eve. When I get my own place, I'm getting another cat.
- I've played soccer, taken dance lessons and was even in the dance company for a year or two, did baton twirling for a season, and have always loved singing and performing. My favorite is singing. If I could sing for a living, I would, but right now it's mostly just during the Christmas season that I sing professionally.
- I love to read and used to read ALL the time. Now that I have my daughter, and the blog, I haven't read a book in years!
- I cooked dinner for my parents last night to surprise my mom for her birthday! If you know me, that's a HUGE deal. You see, I can burn water. Yes. I'm worse than a beginner when it comes to cooking but I did it and they liked it! Who wants to teach me how to cook?
- I've had serious acne issues and swear by ProActiv. I will never again use anything different.
- I'm trying hard to make this blog a space where everyone feels welcome, relaxed, and uplifted. It's kind of difficult when I'm going through some stuff and I don't feel uplifted. After lots of talk within the blog world in the past about how some bloggers aren't authentic, I don't want to be un-authentic, but I also don't want to bring my personal issues into this space to bring everyone else down.
- Match.com and eHarmony scare me. Lots of people have recommended them, and I know lots of people who have met and even gotten married because of those sites, but they kind of make me very nervous.
3. Award 15 blogs. (In no particular order)
So many of the people I would award this to have already received it, and I don't want to leave anyone out, so let's just say if you're on my blog roll, I award this to you! Honestly, I consider all of the blogs that I read to be the best blogs and deserve this award. I wouldn't read and follow them if I didn't think that. :)
4. Answer the following questions:
a. Your favorite song
Oh, there are too many to pick just one!
b. Your favorite dessert
Anything chocolate, really. Except chocolate cake. For some strange reason, I'd much prefer white cake with white icing. Otherwise, anything chocolate.
c. What is ticking you off
The fact that I can't fit into my white pants again!
d. When you are upset, you:
Cry. Usually. And if I'm crying or depressed, I can't eat. If I'm angry, writing usually helps me get that out so I'll email a friend.
e. Your favorite pet
Probably my Figaro.
f. Black or White
Black and White cookies. Yum.
g. Biggest fear
Just one? I have too many. Flying, elevators, natural bodies of water. Then there's the usual one about anything bad happening to my daughter.
h. Best feature
h. Best feature
Probably my hair. Even though I'm kind of bored with the style of it, it's still healthy and shiny and I like it.
i. Everyday Attitude
i. Everyday Attitude
Just trying to stay positive!
j. What is perfection
k. Guilty pleasure
Can I say chocolate again? No? Okay then wine. Or beer. Or both. But not together, that would be gross.
Thanks again for the award, ladies! You made my day. :)
For those of you who may be interested, I've decided to start posting on my other blog, Melosophy, again. I'm not sure how often I'll post because A Working Mom's Closet is my primary focus right now, but that was the first blog I started to help me on my weight loss journey, and it's just a place for me to write about life and my philosophy on anything else I feel like writing about.
And last but not least, if you've made it all the way through that, not only do I commend you :) but I also want to ask your opinion:
What do you LIKE about A Working Mom's Closet?
What don't you like?
What would you like to see more of, or less of?
What changes would you like to see here, if any?
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Now it's time for me to go get my princess ready for soccer practice this morning. Afterward, my brother and his family will meet us for brunch, then my SIL (his wife) and I, and her mom, are going to see Harry Potter! Tonight we're all going to dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. It's going to be a great day!
Hope you all have a fantastic day too!