About today's Friend Friday subject Katy says, "This week we're veering more toward the beauty side of things and talking about the growing trend of going all natural by eliminating shampoos, soaps, deodorant, etc..."
Here are the questions and my answers:
1. The move to do away with soap, shampoo and deodorant has been growing in popularity in the last year. What are your thoughts on this trend?
The human population existed way before soap, shampoo and deodorant. They must have survived somehow! If there is a way to maintain cleanliness and sanitation without the use of chemicals, it could only be a good thing.
2. Be honest, how often do you wash your own hair?
Every day. Every single day. My hair is very oily, as is my face, plus I have bangs, so if I don't wash every day then my bangs just look greasy and dirty and that's not good. I've tried to skip a day and just rinse with water, but that still left my hair looking like poo so I shampoo every day.
3. Have you tried to go the more natural route by forgoing shampoo? What happened? Or would you be tempted to try it?
Forgoing shampoo altogether? And using what else instead? I'm confused. (I live in this state of confusion currently.)
4. What products do you use and have you ever gone with more organic alternatives?
I'll be honest: I can't afford organic. I really can't. I buy the $1.98 dandruff shampoo from Aldi (a really, REALLY inexpensive supermarket in Florida) and typically a conditioner from there as well. I normally buy deodorant from Big Lots or Wal-Mart and have been using bottles of body wash from Bath & Body Works from my mother-in-law (although I'm almost out of that now!). They work well and fit into my budget, so that's what I get.
5. What about that daily shower? Would you forgo that opting to shower three times a week instead?
Oh dear. Considering that I work out at least five times a week and drip sweat almost every time, I don't think that would be very sanitary. At the VERY least, everyone should rinse off every day! I would still highly recommend using soap every day too. And like I said in my first answer, if there is another way to maintain cleanliness and sanitation without chemicals, I'd love to know!
To check out everyone else's responses, visit Katy's blog at Modly Chic! Thanks for reading, everyone! Hope you have a great Friday and an even better weekend!!!